Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Not Your Momma's Denim Quilt

For Parma Quilter's Anonymous, I got to add a border to this fabulous denim quilt.
 The center square that started it all - the denim rectangle with the wheel in the middle.
Each border was added by a different member of the group.
Some scraps of 1930 reproduction fabric was provided for us to use in our borders.  That really made for nice continuity throughout. 
There's the border I added.  I used some light and dark blue denim and some red denim for the squares and the some scrappy strips in between them.
The whole thing... It's getting quite large.  Good thing we are nearing the end of the year.
As an after thought, I decided to add something to that wide solid border (with permission).
I appliqued some simple little circles with buttons to match others that were on the quilt.  Those will look so cute when the quilt is washed and they fray a bit.

 Can you just imagine a fantastic picnic spread on that someday...
 Love it!

7 comments:

Lynette said...

Very, very cool!

Becky said...

I have been contemplating making another denim quilt soon. This one gave me some real inspiration--it's beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Little Penpen said...

oh it's beautiful. I would love to participate in a round robin one day!

Unknown said...

Oh I love this! It's awesome!

Sandra said...

What a cheerful quilt! Love the layout and the scrappy fabrics:)

Shannon said...

I am so glad you took pictures. Can I borrow a few for the PQA web site? You did a great job with that quilt!!

The Chapmans said...

Oh what fun it looks to sew like you and your fellow quilters! I'm continually impressed by your skills. Say hi to the fam from ours!