Tuesday, April 3, 2012

February's Work

I know I'm quite behind but, oh, the computer has given me fits....

So here is my February accomplishments:
This one I'm calling Botany and I got ten more of those wonky diamonds done.
On the strip quilt, I've added 10 more blocks and 12 more little nine-patches.
 Four pretty flamingos join the animal collection.
 These are so fun, huh!  I just painted the legs like I did for the lions last time.
 This one I'm calling the India quilt.  So far, I'm just drawing sketches and getting some ideas together.  Stay tuned to see this elephant in color later.
 These are Mosaic blocks.  I started them in a swap about a year ago and then the swap was disbanded so I'm going ahead with them on my own.
 Here is one more sailboat to add to that collection.  This one was fun because it is my first wonky boat and I made the little yellow flag 3D so it stands out from the block.

Next, on to my swaps:
For PQA, I made for myself two of the 4-patch ladders for my own quilt to go with those that the other ladies are making for me.
 And this block I made for Nicole.  She is going to have a beautiful quilt.

I made this one for Helen K. in England.  She wanted a star in yellow and gray.
And this is the one she made and sent to me. (Crazy that we made the same block.)  This one will go with the sailboats.  I think it's great!

I made these for Joke R. in the Netherlands.
 And these I received from Lori J. in Tennessee.  My black-eyed-susan quilt is really growing.  I'll have to share my progress on it later.

Phew!  Is that enough?  How good it feels to really get some things done - a little on lots of different projects.


No comments: