Friday, May 23, 2014

Rainbow Birthday

My sweet little "L" turned seven!
I can't believe how time flies.

My Mom, who taught me to sew and who loves to quilt like me, made her this beautiful quilt for her birthday.  When Grandma asked what what she liked she said, "rainbows and butterflies!"
Can you tell?  You almost can't even see her with her rainbow dress on too. ;)
The center of each rainbow square is butterflies with glitter.
(Glitter would definitely be on her list of favorites too.)
 Grandma hit that nail right on the head.
It was love at first sight!

She was even excited to read the label on the back to us all.
Happy Birthday, Sweet Girl!
(Thanks, Mom!)

2 comments:

elliek said...

Great taste.. I love rainbows and butterflies too. Hope she had a great day

Shannon said...

How exciting! What a sweet quilt.