Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My First Swaps

Since I'm pretty new to blog-land, I have recently entered my first quilty swaps.  I joined International Friendship Quilters and there are lots of different events and activities that you can join and have fun with.
The first swap I joined is the Framed Hexagon Swap.
This is my first attempt:
And this is the one I received from my partner in Australia!  Isn't it Beautiful!!

I had so much fun with my first swap that I wanted to do more.
I signed up for the Mosaic Color Play Swap.  My partner sent me the middle square and I had to pull together three other fabrics that would make a 12.5 in block.
This is what I came up with using her center block:
 And this is what I received in the mail from my partner in S. Carolina using my center block.  I love the colors she put together.
 What fun this is!  I'm already working on my next swaps...

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh how cool! I love your hexiex, they are so cute. I went and checked out the site. I like how they have things set up. Maybe I will jion some later! Your blocks are very pretty.

Maggie said...

That's awesome! They look great :)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful blocks both received and given!! I belong to IFQ also!