Monday, April 11, 2011

Ticker Tape Parade and Hot Air Balloons

At our PQA meeting this month we revealed and exchanged our Mercy Border Blocks again.  It is always so much fun.  It's like Christmas.  We get to see the new borders that everyone has added to the blocks and we get so excited. There's always lots of ooh-ing and aahh-ing and some squealing too.  It's really pretty silly.
Anyway, this time I got Shannon's block to add to.  This is how I received it:
She started with a Ticker Tape center.  Rainbow colors on a white background.  She did a great job on it and then the borders that were already added were great too.
I added a Ticker Tape border!  Yeah, crazy!  I know!  A lot of work... but I really liked how it turned out and I think Shannon did too.
If you want to see the rest of our gorgeous growing quilts, you can go to the Parma Quilters Anonymous blog.  They are all amazing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One of my favorite blogs to visit is Quilted Delights.  Leah is quite a fabric artist and does wonderful work.  She makes some amazing fabric postcards and I have perused through her creations more than once.  I wanted to give it a try.
This is what I came up with for a first time:
I stitched along each cloud with silver thread but the picture doesn't show it.  I really like how it turned out.  I may have to try some more.  In fact,  I thought I'd do a smaller version so it would easier to share with friends.
This is what I came up with:
Book Marks
Cute, huh!
Don't you wish you were my swap partner this month.

Well, until next time...
Always look for silver linings.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I did love my block a lot!!! It has so many colors on it! Yout post card is so cute. The bookmarks are great!